Sunday, March 26, 2017

Countdown to Missouri QSO Party/ POTA/ RaDAR run - 5 Days out

Now we know that the funeral for my wife's Aunt is Friday morning so I can plan around that time frame.

Limited time for ham radio today by the time we attended church, ate lunch out, and stopped by the auto parts store for oil and grease for the tractor and mower deck. I know the preparations of the mower have nothing to do with the MOQP but it is something that demands attention as a homeowner and it takes away from the ham radio stuff. Spent what little time I had this afternoon using the pressure washer cleaning the mower deck.


I did spend a couple of minutes setting the radio in the rear floorboard and connecting the grounding strap. The grounding strap goes under that door molding and is connected the truck body. When the radio is not installed I put the strap under the floor mat and you only see 1" of the strap.

I then got the antennas out of the attic and started putting them together. This will be my first year trying to run with the Hustler Resonators. Probably will just use the 20m and 40m coils.


Am I the only person that thinks their trash and recycling bins make a great working surface?

Emergency box for truck (ham emergencies)

Since I had this box out I included these pictures. I used to carry massive amount of spares and parts with me on these outings but slowly learned to scale back on these items. No need to carry soldering equipment and connectors when just bringing around a few extra cables make more sense. The box has adapters, fuses, fuse holders, 3/8-24 hardware, ferrite chokes, electrical connectors, allen wrenches and jumper leads. 



Tomorrow I will see how work goes and how much time I have free in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment